The medical specialty that is specifically devoted to the evaluation, treatment and management of disability and disabling conditions is called Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. This field of medicine provides comprehensive specialty services and selective primary care. The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at SK Hospital utilizes a team approach to the treatment of disabilities.
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Muscle Stimulator
- Electronic Traction
- Interferential Therapy
- Infrared Lamps
- Short Wave Diathermy
- Moist Heat
- Wax Therapy
- Continuous Passive Motion
- Wall Ladder
- Overhead Pulley
- Finger Spring Exerciser
- Ankle to & fro Exerciser
- Quadriceps Table
- Theraband/Theratubing Exerciser
- Wobble Board/Balance Boards
- Elbow Supination and Pronation
- Cuff Weights
- Static Bicycle
- Parallel Bars
- Walking Aids: Walker Crutches and Cane
- Mariner’s Wheel
- Ortho Rehabilitation - Sports Rehabilitation:Post Joint Replacement, Arthroscopic Repair,
Post Surgical Care.
- Neuro Rehabilitation: Stroke Rehab, Post Traumatic Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury Rehab,
Paediatric Neuro Rehab, Assessment of Prescription of Adaptive Equipment.
- Women Health: Incontinence, Ante Postnatal Care, Osteoporoses, Post Surgical Rehabilitation.
- Intensive Care: Acute Cardio Pulmonary Care.
- Geriatric Rehabilitation: Fall Prevention, Balance & Stability, Bone Health.
- Ergonomic Rehabilitation: Workplace Adaptation, Work Place Advice About Changes.
- Pain Management: Electro Physical Agent.
- Others: Lymph Edema Management, Swallowing Retraining and Functional Issues as Weakness,
Soft Tissue Tightness, Fatigue.
- Pre and Post Operative Cardiac Rehabilitation/ Cardiac Training
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Exercise/Home Programme.
- Incentive Spirometry.
- Chest Clearance for Pre and Post Operative cases.