Dr. Renju kuriakose (MBBS, MD ANESTHESIA (PGI), IDCCM)
Senior Consultant Intensivist (Critical Care Unit)
Consultant Intensivist, Critical Care Unit, SK Hospital- since October 2017
Diploma in Critical Care Medicine(IDCCM) June 2016-September 2017
MD Anesthesia, PGIMER, Chandigarh (January 1998- December 2000)
MBBS, Kottayam Medical College (1988-1994)
Training in different areas of Anesthesia and Critical Care
- Transesophageal Echocardiography at Sri Chithra Institute of Medical Sciences, Trivandrum, Kerala 2015
- ICU training from Khoula Hospital, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman -2014
- Chronic Pain: Interventional Management and Palliative Care Program (hands on training) – Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia 2008 (3 months)
- Intensive care training – National University of Singapore, Singapore (2006) ( 1 month)
- Obstetric and Regional Anesthesia Training (2006) – Prentice Maternity Hospital, Northwestern University Hospital, Chicago., USA-2006 (1 month)
- Loco regional Anesthesia Training programme – HospitalauxUniversatires and Cinique Des Grangettes, Geneva, Switzerland (2005) (1 month)
- Specialist Anesthetist, MPH, Sultanate of Oman (December 2004 to May 2016)
- Asst. Professor in Anesthesia & Critical care, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum (January 2001 – November 2004)
- Resident teaching fellow, PGIMER, Chandigarh (1998-2000)
Authored / Co authored 14 publications in internationally reputed & PubMed indexed journals.
- Laryngospam & Bronchospasm following Parecoxib injections – J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacotherapy (Vol 19, Issue 4, Page 81-85, 2005 issue) International Indexed peer reviewed journal (EM Based & Pub Med)
- Butorphanol Tartrate in Sick Sinus Syndrome --- J Clin Anesth. 2007 Feb, 19(1):78. International indexed peer reviewed journal (EM Base & Pub Med)
- Anesthesia for hysterectomy in Schmidt’s Syndrome – A challenge --- Middle East Journal of Anesthesia (Vol.18, No. 3, October 2005, Pgs 639-646). International, peer reviewed indexed (pub med & EM Base) Journal.
- Anesthesia problems in Christ Siemens Touraine Syndrome --- Middle East Journal of Anesthesia ( Vol. 18, No.3, October 2005, Pgs 647-650). International, peer reviewed indexed (pub Med & EM Base) Journal.
- Fiber Optic intubation in head & neck oncological emergencies --- Journal of Laryngology & Otology (Volume 119, Number 8, August 2005, pp. 634-638 (5)) International , peer reviewed Indexed (Pub Med & EM Base) Journal.
- Endotracheal Tube Damage during Head and Neck Surgeries as a Result of Harmonic Scalpel Use --- Anesthesiology (April 2005, Volume 102; Issue-4) International indexed peer reviewed journal (EM Base & Pub Med). Available at anesthesiology.org)
- Continuous Morphine infusion for cancer pain in resource scarce environment: Comparison of subcutaneous and intravenous routes of administration --- J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacotherapy (Volume 19: Issue 1, march 2005) International indexed peer reviewed journal (EM Base & Pub Med)
- Anesthetic Management of Cancer Surgery in a patient with difficult airway and severe kyphoscoliosis –-- Egyptian journal of Anesthesia: Eg j Anaesth, Vol 20 No.3, July 2004:345-347 International indexed peer reviewed journal (EM Base).
- Cancer pain intensity in outpatient: Preferences and Comparison of pain scales among patients, doctors, caregivers & nurses in South India -- J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacotherapy: Vol 18 No:3 Sept 2004
- Acute Post operative pain management: Patterns, Prefernces and problems --- Journal of Anesthesiology Clinical Parmacology – June 2004; 20(#) : 262-263 Indian indexed peer reviewed jounal (EM Base)
- Radiation Induced Changes in the air way – Anesthetic Implications: Case report --- The Southern African journal of Anesthesia & Analgesia : Vo 10 issue 2 May 2004 (sajaa.co.za) International indexed peer reviewed journal (EM Base)
- Screening tests for predicting difficult endo tracheal intubations – A Clinical assessment in faciooro – maxillary & neck malignancy patients --- Journal of Anesthesiology Clinical pharmacology J Anesth Clin Pharmacol 2003; 19(1): 37-44, Indian indexed peer reviewed journal (EM Base)
- Magnet Therapy: New approach to Lymph edema management – Indian Journal of Palliative Care: V8 (1)2002 p40-49 Indian peer reviewed journal
- Efficacy of peri operative analgesia with epidural bupivacaine and fentanyl versus bupicacaine alone in patients undergoing elective upper abdominal surgery. – As a part of the Post Graduate Anaesthetic Training.
Awards and Scholarships
- Recipient of the prestigious Executive Endeavour Award from DEST, Government of Australia (2008) – for undertaking training in Pain Medicine at Royal Perth Hospital, Perth , Australia.
- Travel and Training award (2005) from Fondation des Grangettes, Geneva, Switzerland for training in Loco Regional Anesthesia.