SK Hospital provides medical and surgical care for all kinds of gastroenterological ailments that involve diseases of organs related to digestive and physiological processes such as stomach, intestine and liver. The gastroenterology unit at SK Hospital aims to set new standards in providing comprehensive quality healthcare for gastrointestinal diseases in the state. All the concerned departments - surgical and medical gastroenterology, anaesthesia, intensive care units - medical & surgical, and gastro radiology services work as a single unit to provide the best service. The gastro-surgery unit is already considered one of the best centres in south Kerala. The department is equipped with an ultra-modern new theatre complex for both open and laparoscopic procedures.
MEDICAL GASTROENTEROLOGY (Laparoscopic & Open)
- Advanced GI diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic ERCP
- 24X7 GI Bleed units with novel endoscopic treatment
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Cancer Screening
Specialized Liver Clinic
- Fatty liver clinic
- Hepatitis B and C Clinic
- Cirrhosis Clinic with regenerative therapy alcoholic liver disease clinic
- Liver coma unit & new interventional rescue therapy for brain failure in cirrhosis. Advanced treatment for liver and bile duct cancers
- specialized unit for all types of liver surgeries.